Wednesday, April 16, 2014

KAPOW! BOFF! SOCK!


A quick peek at my current project, still very much in progress:



In addition to being extremely rad, I thought the classic 60's Batmobile would make a good addition to the ol' portfolio. A car is a pretty standard hard-surface practice piece, and the 60's Batmobile in particular offers some interesting challenges in terms of topology. Lots of different surfaces meeting and blending into each other.

The biggest challenge has been working mostly without an accurate reference. I found some top/front/back/side drawings online, but they don't match up exactly with any of the real-life cars. And there's actually several different real-life versions, all with slightly different body shapes and details. That means I have to make some interpretations and adjust some things so that the mesh lines up properly. Which is fun, I get to make the model more my own, but it's also time-consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment